New to Tradional

Just find your way to Trad Rag? Stop in and say, "Hello" and join us around the campfire.
csreef
Spike Bull
New to Tradional

Post by csreef » Sun May 03, 2020 10:13 pm

HI, my name is Andrew, and I am hooked on Traditional!!!!

I just got a Ben Pearson Puma Bow 55# , I just had an Archery Shop make me some arrows , :archer2: and when I get good enough , I want to go Turkey hunting with them.

Also I have a 50. Cal. Hawkens Black Powder Rifle.
I live in the Hudson Valley of New York.

TradRag
Site Admin

Re: New to Tradional

Post by TradRag » Tue May 05, 2020 8:30 am

Welcome!!
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Post by WinterHawk » Wed May 27, 2020 9:46 am

I'm a little late to the party, but here's a "Welcome". Grab your self a cup of coffee and enjoy the site! :campfire:

~WH~
~WH~

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:44 pm

Aloha csreef
Welcome, traditional Archery is one of the best in the world, We are a step above the rest and for good reason, We have to get closer and do it one step better than the others.
I might make a suggestion to ya ,ifn ya don't mind, #55 is a might heavy to start off with, Now don't get me wrong bout weight, shoot what ya like, but if your just starting out.... I'd get a bow in the #35-#40 range to get my form established and get all the proper shooting and anchoring form, it's easy to start bad habits it's heck to break them suckers ! It's hard to be consistant if your pullin to much weight and shaken like a dog passin a peach seed!
I've built bows for over 25 + years and I was ahead of the curve as far as building light bows, I haven't built a bow (on purpose) over #50+ in 20+ years. #50 and a good strudy sharp 2 blade will kill anything in North America...... if you put the arrow in the right place.
It's kinda like shooten a moose in the butt with a 300 win mag..... don't da any good and he aint gonna be liking you when you have to go in and get him !

But having said that, I'll pass on my method of teaching my students how to shoot
Google "3-10-5-20 shooting method" It's on the traditional Bowhunter site on the computer side, top of the page on google, it's been printed in 5 different languages as well.
If you follow the method and not cheat and rush it, even a cockroach will not be safe within 20 yards.

Remember the only person you are in competition with is yourself to shoot better than you did the last time out, and if you don't it was a bad day, don't let it get to you, it'll get better it always does.

If ya have any questions send me a message I'll get back to ya

Aloha and Welcome
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii