Photos

Traditional Muzzleloaders, Flintlocks, Pistols, front stuffer kits, etc.
Captchee
Global Moderator
Photos

Post by Captchee » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:22 am

well folks it looks like photo bucket has finally gotten around to our photos .
for those who may not know whats going on , they have decided that despite their advertising and despite the fact that they provided quick links to share the photos we stored on their so called FREE web storage area , that they will now charge 300.00 to allow image share. if you don't pay the 300 then they will block the photos being shared .
for the time being at least if you right click on their blocked photo it will open another page and after a few seconds the photo may open .
So if your like myself and have lots of photos stored and shared then your also going to have a lot of useless information spread around the web .
Myself I don't plan on spending hours of my life moving and re linking photos .
what I will do is from now on either use a different service or link to my Facebook page until such time as a solution is came up with .

zeek from coon creek
5X5 Bull

Re: Photos

Post by zeek from coon creek » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:27 am

Sadly, as dead as this place is anymore, I guess it doesn't matter much.
Zeek;

"All things are difficult before they are easy." (found in a fortune cookie)

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 am

it always maters because its not just us. a very large % of the information across the net is fast becoming the same way . so when you go looking for information your going to find discussions but no photos to clarify .

as to being dead around here . ya it is . but know that I check in a minimum of 2 times a day to check if anyone has posted or needs help with something .
I don't know about the rest of you all but I'm up to my backside with work . no real time to post only any forums , here or other . just the way it is right now .
having such an issue posting photos isn't going to help maters any :campfire:

Aeronut
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Aeronut » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:56 pm

We were discussing this a couple of weeks ago on the outdoorcore. Some were able to download their pictures and save them from photobucket. I tried but was not able. Luckily I have never just stored my pictures only on the bucket because I feared they would eventually take them over and not let us access our own photos. Photobucket lost me as a user of their service.

Some talked about trying imgur for sharing photos but I haven't had time to look into it.

I check in for posts every morning and evening. Yeah, it is pretty dead. Most people are padding Zuckerburg's wallet with money by using facebook now. I have hundreds of photos posted on a facebook account (BMX, hunting, fishing, videos, weather, etc.) but have been going there less and less since Zuckerburg is pushing for a lot of political issues that I cannot and will not support. :evil:
Charter Member--Oklahoma Selfbow Society
OSS Non-Resident Representative
Charter Member--Prairie Traditional Archers
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life Member
Made in the image of a lion shocked lamb
I am who the hell I am

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 am

while I kept a lot of photos on photo bucket they were not for the most part the only photo I had . just copies to put on the net , nothing more

Full Quiver
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Full Quiver » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:22 pm

Well, I haven't posted a pic in a long time, much less posted , but I do enjoy looking at the posts here & am disappointed about photobucket.
Seems like its all going that direction.
I agree with Dennis & Captchee, although I don't facebook & don't plan on it, I prefer this sight and others like it as a way to share & communicate with people who have the same interests I do.
I try not to support things or people who are against the way I believe & this I don't think this zuckerberg guy is on my side.
I will try to post more but, I just don't have much to say, but I do show up to check out whats happening.

:campfire:

Donnie
Donnie Wilson
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member Compton Traditional Bowhunters

hawkthrower
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by hawkthrower » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:20 am

Yep it's quite quiet - but there are still a bunch of people looking and reading - I have an archive of photos set aside on a storage device not on the net so if asked I can send them via email or post em someplace convenient. In spite of the warning about things "never going away on the Internet" They do in sometimes odd ways making it very frustrating and annoying. So even if the fad du jour is FaceBook this too will change ( anybody remember Compuserv or AOL? ). Fair warning things will change!

Captchee I'd be downloading all of those photos ASAP and storing them on a USB drive. $300.00 for the privilege of sharing your own property is a bit steep in my book and should be the demise of photobucket from the internet business. Sooner you get em back the better is my guess!

Oh and yes even though I've been busier than I have in fifteen years I still check in to see if there are questions or things I'm interested in! Cheers!!
[size=85]"Never utter these words! 'I do not know this—therefore it is false.'
One must study to know, know to understand, understand to judge."
The apothegm of Narada,
an ancient east Indian philosopher[/size]

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:31 am

i have all my photos on discs. never could accept the 2nd part storage thing for this very reason .

WinterHawk
4X4 Bull

Post by WinterHawk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:29 am

Captchee wrote:i have all my photos on discs. never could accept the 2nd part storage thing for this very reason .
My thoughts exactly. And since downloading photos from my computer to my posts is easy I have no need for one of the other sharing services. I imagine that if I had to post enough of them, like in a tutorial such as Captchee does there may be a problem, but I don't foresee myself doing that! :lol:

~WH~
~WH~

jrmflintlock
4X4 Bull

Post by jrmflintlock » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:44 pm

How do you post from your computer? I thought one had to use some kind of server or domain? This is a big issue on several of the forums I frequent.

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:11 am

unless the forum your on has an upload option I don't believe you can .?

Spotted Bull
4X4 Bull

Post by Spotted Bull » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

DSCN7430_E_Shadley.jpg
I just wanted to show that this forum has the capability of uploading photos from your computer...

markh
Spike Bull

Post by markh » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:15 pm

that came out very good. Mark

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:19 pm

yes but also understand that when you do that it gets put on Brian's server . I been through this before on other forums once the owner hits the storage limits they have no choice but either purchase more space or delete photos . I went through this 3 times on the BoD for the TMA. every time they told us they had backups , yet we always lost information . had down time and cost us more .

Spotted Bull
4X4 Bull

Post by Spotted Bull » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:35 am

OK, I understand that. I wasnt aware that it worked that way. I did find a website called imgur.com. The image above is posted using that web site. The format is essentially the same as photobucket.

hanshi
5X5 Bull

Post by hanshi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:36 pm

http://www.tradrag.com/forum/download/f ... 53473f2dd3

This is my "new" .50 I hope to christen this fall. 38" "B" weight .50 Rice rb barrel and Chambers Golden Age lock.
Attachments
7405ae69-0012-4efa-886d-2651c9c08aae_zpswsnzqleq (1).JPG
Young guys should hang out with old guys; old guys know stuff.

hanshi
5X5 Bull

Post by hanshi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Of course my .62 smoothbore may get out there again, too.

http://tradrag.com/foruhttp://tradrag.c ... w&id=11095

The little .45 LL has been my go-to rifles for many years and might hunt again.
Attachments
PICT0586-2_1 (1).jpg
PICT0553_zps42ae6f4a.jpg
PICT0553_zps42ae6f4a.jpg (60.04KiB)Viewed 11061 times

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:10 pm

nice :applaud:
hanshi

hanshi
5X5 Bull

Post by hanshi » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks, Capt. For hunting here in Va I'll be using the smoothbore - I really like it - with 70 grains of 3F and a patched .600" ball. That load gives me 3-shot 50 yard groups under 3". Since I'll also be hunting in WV in Nov. it will be the .50 flintlock with the .45 for standby.