new/used bow

Created for the History of Archery. A place for collectors, enthusiast, onlookers, and answers.
sorno
Spike Bull
new/used bow

Post by sorno » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Having recently undergone rotator cuff surgery, I've been on the lookout for a low draw-weight bow to play with as I rehab. Now, seeing that Wade has scooped up the Little Rascal, my options narrowed a bit. ;) The local want-ad place had a 64" Shakespeare Wonderbow 25# for sale, but it was marked left-handed. It didn't take a lot of sleuthing to look at the picture and determine it was actually right-handed so I gave the guy a call and met up w/ him to purchase it this evening. It was in reality in a bit better shape than the picture in the ad looked so I made him an offer and I am now the proud owner of a bow that I know virtually nothing about. :shock: Model is the Trident.
I'd sure appreciate anything that this group of historians can enlighten me about this bow. I'll try to get the pics posted within the thread.
Thanks.
S.
Attachments
tip w/ some black goo on it (both tips similar)
tip w/ some black goo on it (both tips similar)
riser r.jpg
A feather rest!  Strike plate was absent
A feather rest! Strike plate was absent
serial no.jpg
logo.jpg
entire length.jpg

portugeejn
4X4 Bull

Re: new/used bow

Post by portugeejn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:50 pm

I can tell you nothing about it, but it looks like it will be a nice little bow for you to use!

RonP

reddogge
4X4 Bull

Post by reddogge » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Don't know anything about it but I own a Shakespeare HC300 62" 50# Wonderbow. It is an earlier version of their hunting bow about 1959 and is a nice shooting bow.

TimberlineX
Raghorn Bull

Post by TimberlineX » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:12 am

Shakespeare, a Kalamazoo, Michigan, company produced some great bows in the 1960s. My favorite was the 62-inch Ocala, although the 64-inch Trident was also a beauty.

Here are some shots of the 1966 Shakespeare Archery Catalog. The Trident was a mid-priced ($45 back then!) target bow. The catalog called the Trident “smart, smooth and exceptionally well stabilized.”

Hope this helps. Nice vintage bow!

Bill Krenz
Colorado

If A is success in life, then A equals X plus Y plus Z. Family is X. Work in Y. And Z is bowhunting elk.

bowdoc
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by bowdoc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:19 am

good score those are great shooters my grandson shoots one daily and he loves it bd

sorno
Spike Bull

Post by sorno » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 am

Thank you so much guys. I can't wait to get out of this sling and get cleared to shoot it.
S.

sorno
Spike Bull

Post by sorno » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Well, I finally got to shoot it last night...5 arrows. Everything felt great this morning so I'm allowed up to 10 shots today. :dance:
I'm not a good enough shot to know if it's "exceptionally well stabilized", but it does draw smooth. I'm very glad I picked it up.
S.

Newkirk Jerry
5X5 Bull

Post by Newkirk Jerry » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:01 pm

I'm very glad I picked it up.
That's what counts!