Ted Nugent

What's on your mind? Discuss anything 'off topic.' Fishing, Camping, Hobbies, etc.
jaxtix
4X4 Bull
Ted Nugent

Post by jaxtix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Shame on you Ted! 30 lashes with a live rattler for pulling this bonehead move.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... r-shot-tv/
"SOY KILLS"

VT Surf-N-Turf
5X5 Bull

Re: Ted Nugent

Post by VT Surf-N-Turf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:25 pm

:(

Greywolf
Global Moderator

Post by Greywolf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:28 pm

I was reading this on another site. being a celebrity isn't good. but then again, we are all human and do make mistakes. maybe it'll make him rethink the way he does things... then again probably not.

$1,750.00 Is nothing to sneeze at. He should of been there in person.
You never get a second chance to make a first good shot Greywolf

Skype name
mark-in-hawaii

sharkbaitffd
4X4 Bull

Post by sharkbaitffd » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:21 pm

What a shame.......
Count it all joy, my brethren, when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
-James 1:2-4-

Captchee
Global Moderator

Post by Captchee » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 am

don’t know how old this post is but I thought I would comment .
He should have known the laws for Cali .
That much ill give the state as there is no excuse.

But on the other side of the coin and growing up with a father who was a fish and game CO / Bio for this state . I can tell you there are laws that unless you actually pick up a full set of the state regs , your not going to know about .
Idaho puts out a little pamphlet each year with the areas , zones and some of the more common legalities .
But the actual regulations fill a book of over 300 pages .
If a CO wants to be a pain he can charge you with just about anything .
Take old Teds baiting charge . While it was clear he baited the deer
How many of us hunt in old orchards . Around grain fields , corn fields ?
Do you realize that that can be considered baiting ?
Legal sized deer . Back east the count all the tines on a deer . Here we don’t count eye guards unless they are longer then they are around .
So a spike buck with a eye guard can be illegal in a forked horn only hunt if the CO really wants to get down to picking nats .
Improper validation of a tag ?
Whelp . Fellas . Here that can mean that you made a mark on the tag instead of cutting the date completely off the tag .
Maybe you signed the tag or license with lead “ pretty common here “ but the law says Ink .
We also used to simply wire the tag around the horns . For most Co that’s simply good enough .
But if he wants to hold you hind in to the wall . The laws say the tag must be attached to the largest part of the body

So while Ted was indeed in violation of the Cali laws .
Many of us probably could also be , very easily found in violation of game laws if push came to shove

Charlie Sometimes
4X4 Bull

Post by Charlie Sometimes » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:18 pm

He had a "guide" too! :roll:
As a "professional", the guide should have known the little stuff, and kept him out of trouble. :?
The guide and the outfitter have a reputation to keep up, or at least should, I'd think. :?
That would be a BIG black eye on them, if they were negligent in this regard toward Ted. :o
Everyone HAD to know they were filming, and if even one knew the laws, that person should have stopped it.
Maybe that "someone" thought that would be edited out- I wouldn't have taken the chance, if someone knew it was a violation. :evil:
That outfitter and guide would never work again for anyone, if that were the case, and it had happened to me. :twisted:
Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, applogize to no one.
NRA Endowment Life member
Traditional Muzzleloading Association member
USMC 1980-1985

Full Quiver
Royal (6X6) Bull

Post by Full Quiver » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Well Captchee & Charlie have brought up some good points in my opinion, there is probably a lot of factors we don't know about that could turn our opinion either way. It is certainly unfortunate for this type of thing to happen and due to the celebrity status it probably got more attention than it would have for the common guy.
I have never met the man & have only watched one of his videos, but from what little I know about Ted, he is an advocate for hunting and the second amendment, as well as working with young people with regard to our sport.
That means he is on my side.
He's probably kicking his own butt.
The lesson we all should pay attention to is to carefully read our regulations cover to cover and try to follow them to the best of our interpretation even if we do not agree with all of them.
Myself, with regards to some regulations, I have to read them a couple of times and then ask two or three other people what it means exactly then take the majority answer. :lol:
Just my thoughts for now.
Donnie Wilson
Charter Member Oklahoma Selfbow Society
Member Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Charlie Sometimes
4X4 Bull

Post by Charlie Sometimes » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Yea, the media grabbed it like a rabid dog bites, and of course in their usual haste for breaking news, probably did not report the full details. The media reports I heard were biased against him in just the brief story line presented. :evil:

His being a BOD of the NRA made it especially sensational too, and him being so "in your face" about everything he does, didn't help him go unnoticed. He's on my side, and I am still on his, too, despite his laspe of judgement. :D

CYA in all things, especially those that involve weapons of any kind. READ THE REGS, and ASK QUESTIONS to any game offical every chance you get. Each of them will intrepret the regs differently, or overlook some things that another won't. ;)
Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, applogize to no one.
NRA Endowment Life member
Traditional Muzzleloading Association member
USMC 1980-1985