Big Foot Bows debut. (Sasquatch Video added)

Selfbows, Longbows, Recurves, Hybrids

Big Foot Bows debut. (Sasquatch Video added)

Postby Kirkll on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 am

Good morning to all you fine folks,

I'm just getting started with my little bow building business here. I've been working on my new web site for awhile, and with a little help from my friends, i've got a good start. I thought i'd bring it on line and get some feed back here. all sugestions are welcome.

building your own web site sure makes you appreciate these web builders that do it for a living. There is a whole lot more to it than meets the eye.

http://bigfootbows.com/

Thanks, Kirk
Last edited by Kirkll on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Big Foot Bows"
home of the "Sasquatch"

Kirkll
4X4 Bull

Location: Mulino, Oregon (Western part of the state, 30 miles south of Portland)

Re: Big Foot Bows web site debut

Postby TradRag on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 am

Also, Kirk is a new Sponsor here. I just haven't had a chance to work his information in and color him GREEN. :mrgreen:

Been working on this for Kirk too.... THOUGHTS? Just laid out a couple of pages for input.

http://www.tradrag.com/bigfoot/
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

TradRag
Site Admin

Postby Night Wing on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 am

Looks good. :D What was surprising to me was the woman in the photos drawing the bow 32". :o My draw length is 30" and I've always had a problem with finger pinch. My first bow was a one piece 60" Bear Super Kodiak, 40# @ 28" and after shooting that bow for 30 minutes at a target butt, it gave me right index finger pinch. :x It was also 45# at my draw length. I ended up selling that bow because of the finger pinch.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37

Night Wing
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby kerryb on Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 am

looks great, good luck. your bows look like real shooters

kerryb
4X4 Bull

Postby Okie on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Looks good Kirk. You did a fine job on it.
John Holman
www.bearcreekselfbows.com
Vice President & Founding Member- Oklahoma Selfbow Society
"Preserving the Heritage of Primitive Archery"
>>>>>>------------------------------------->

Okie
Global Moderator

Postby Kirkll on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:17 pm

TradRag wrote:Also, Kirk is a new Sponsor here. I just haven't had a chance to work his information in and color him GREEN. :mrgreen:

Been working on this for Kirk too.... THOUGHTS? Just laid out a couple of pages for input.

http://www.tradrag.com/bigfoot/

WOW!

Bryon, you obviously have a bit more experience with photo shop than i do bro. :oops: the wood grain background on those pages are smokin! :D i can see we need to talk about doing some hoss trading here.... some more of your profesional help on my site would be very much appreciated. you are da-man!

drop me a pm, or give me a call bro....I like the looks of what you did there a LOT! Kirk
"Big Foot Bows"
home of the "Sasquatch"

Kirkll
4X4 Bull

Location: Mulino, Oregon (Western part of the state, 30 miles south of Portland)

Postby Double Tee on Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:31 pm

Kirk, those are some super looking bows!! They look like they have some nice mass in the riser to be stable and dead in the hand. Also nice and fast! 8-)
John Quillin

Double Tee
4X4 Bull

Postby Kirkll on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:35 am

Night Wing wrote:Looks good. :D What was surprising to me was the woman in the photos drawing the bow 32". :o My draw length is 30" and I've always had a problem with finger pinch. My first bow was a one piece 60" Bear Super Kodiak, 40# @ 28" and after shooting that bow for 30 minutes at a target butt, it gave me right index finger pinch. :x It was also 45# at my draw length. I ended up selling that bow because of the finger pinch.

i build a 60" Sasquatch that draws 32" very nicely bro. A lot of the old school bowyers insist you need 66" to 68" of bow to get a 32" inch draw without stacking and excessive finger pinch. This is absolutely untrue. i've had some famous bowyers say i'm "blowing smoke" telling folks this. but i have it on video here drawing one to 33 inches. ;) i'll be getting some better clips and post some in the future.

The woman in the photo on my site is my wife btw. :D that right there was good incentice to build a sweet shooting 32" draw bow. the one in the photo is a 64" bow i call the "wookie" . the video is my nephew drawing the new T/D Sasquatch bow. look at the string angle when i spin the camera on end here. and keep in mind these are full length 32" shafts plus. the field tips.
"Big Foot Bows"
home of the "Sasquatch"

Kirkll
4X4 Bull

Re: Big Foot Bows debut. (Sasquatch Video added)

Postby Night Wing on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:23 pm

That is a nice video. :D But I'm a recurve man. ;) Do you plan on building a 62" or longer recurve?
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37

Night Wing
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Apex Predator on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:07 am

Great stuff buddy!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables.

Apex Predator
4X4 Bull

Postby Kirkll on Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am

Night Wing wrote:That is a nice video. :D But I'm a recurve man. ;) Do you plan on building a 62" or longer recurve?

i've had several people ask me if i thought about building a longer recurve bow now, and i keep asking why :? this 60" bow draws smooth to 32" and is faster than a double carbon ACSCX. good greif gurty! What else you want? :lol:

This design can be shot as a long bow at longer brace heights, and technically it is a recurve at shorter brace when that string is laying on the limb at brace.. The problem is that shooting this bow at a low brace heights, it looses vertical stability. it was desiged to at an 8" brace originally. The newer models you can shoot down to 7.5" for maximum performance, but the sweet spot is about 7.75" on this bow. that sweet spot seems to vary a wee bit from bow to bow depending on the poundage.
"Big Foot Bows"
home of the "Sasquatch"

Kirkll
4X4 Bull

Postby Night Wing on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 am

Kirkll,

Old habits are hard to change. I've always had a problem with 60" bows and shorter because of finger pinch do to my 30" draw length. You've got a design that I've never seen before. But, it's hard to get rid of "doubt". I've been looking at "maybe" getting one more bow and I was looking at getting a one piece recurve in at least a 64" length. The two that have caught my eye are a 64" Super Wildcat by Brandon Stahl and a 66" Mentor by Wes Wallace. I want the limbs to be laminated bamboo core. I chose a one piece because both of my 66" Blacktail recurves are take down bows. I like the Super WIldcat because my first hunting bow was a 1973 one piece 60" Bear Super Kodiak recurve, 40# @ 28" and I loved the looks of that bow, but that bow just ate up my fingers from finger pinch because of my 30" draw length. It was actually 45# at my 30" draw length. The Super Wildcat isn't an exact duplicate of a Super Kodiak, but it's close enough. Both bowyers can give me the poundage I want at my 30" draw length.

As for speed, I'd rather have a smooth drawing bow than a fast bow. I've found short fast bows have a harsher draw because they load up faster than a longer limbed bow if both bows have the same length riser at the same poundage. My 66" Blacktails have a 19" riser with long laminated bamboo limbs. So, for right now, I'm still in the looking mode and I want to have all of the money in hand before I purchase another bow because my workplace is still laying off people.

http://www.roseoakcreations.com/superwildcat.html

http://www.weswallacebows.com/index.cfm ... ves.mentor

Night Wing
Royal (6X6) Bull

Postby Sapphire on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Yeah Kirk...I think you should talk to Brian a little more... I know its a lot of work doing what you did there, but Brian blew you out of the water bro!!!

I was lucky enough to have a sasquatch at my house for a couple weeks... it was REAL nice to shoot... and real nice to look at!

Sapphire
5X5 Bull

Postby TradRag on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Sapphire wrote:Yeah Kirk...I think you should talk to Brian a little more... I know its a lot of work doing what you did there, but Brian blew you out of the water bro!!!

Thanks E! Just trying to give him a little eye-candy. 8-)

http://www.bigfootbows.com/TRTest

WIP(work in progress) right? Got some more up on Kirk's ISP. Giving him feedback will help he and I both. Thanks fellas.
"Ne Desit Virtus" ("Let Valor Not Fail")
Oklahoma Selfbow Society Charter Member
Bowhunting Council of Oklahoma Member
PBS Associate Member
Founder of TradRag.com

TradRag
Site Admin

Return to Traditional Archery